10000 forum users celebration - special event

Of course!
Xera’s setup instructions and docs are at its own forum, https://fourm.xera.eu.org/. They might be a bit confusing, so feel free to ask anything at either the community forum or even better, the unofficial Discord, and someone will direct you to the right place. Follow the instructions in the GitHub and try to experiment in a localhost environment to get to know it, or directly at your host, whichever you prefer.

As @Greenreader9 mentioned, Xera is no longer supported and the same author has released MOFH-R (not MOFHY, this is important, don’t download anything MOFHY unless you wish to get your data leaked).
It’s under development and the instructions are also on its own forum, https://nxvim.freeflarum.com/. I haven’t experimented much with it, unlike Xera.

*CodeIgniter, lol.

I’m in both the Byet and PFH communities… had no idea any of them was NSFW :flushed:

Am I getting fired? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Maybe not you specifically, but others on that dead discord server that is supposed to be active probably will be. Seems maybe I won’t have to give out as many Gift Cards as I originally planned!

3 Likes

I mentioned it only for the sake of example
to see that the word “infinityfree” does not only mean this domain.

btw. This is the reason

Summary

6 Likes

I just realized that so many people here are probably confused about my last post :joy:

5 Likes

What are the odds both “infinity free” and “chris par” are in a NFSW website and a web hosting service?

5 Likes

@Greenreader9 correct me if I’m wrong I haven’t been here for a while, but after I saw your post I noticed this as well:

Source: Getting SSL certificates from sslforfree.com or zerossl.com

Is it outdated or am I missing something?

5 Likes

Basically, if you get the certificate from a third party site (not the client area), it was not able to work with the vp.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s outdated.

When the article was written, both sites were just web frontends around Let’s Encrypt. Let’s Encrypt supports HTTP validation or DNS TXT validation, and none of those work with free hosting (without using additional tools, anyways).

Then, ZeroSSL became a Sectigo partner, which game them access to other verification methods, including CNAME, and they bought sslforfree.com so it’s just another domain that uses ZeroSSL’s systems.

So both providers (since they are the same) can be used now with CNAME verification, so the article is no longer relevant.

I can’t for the life of me imagine why you’d want to though. ZeroSSL limits you to three free certificates, which we don’t, and with our panel you can have us set up the CNAME records and SSL certificate automatically.

So in short: the article is no longer relevant, and it should be gone now.

7 Likes

Triple Agency Spy Detective OxyDac, to the rescue!

Seems like Admin and I have a lot of explaining to do.

To our lawyers, after suing that site for psychological damages. Don’t even want to imagine what they’ve created.

REDACTED

A certain Terminator may need to be sent to their location.

Yeah, but posting it on your forum would get even less notice, and maybe you could do a silent warning (ghostping @ Tester to get everyone to work). I know I will, as soon as I fulfill my last Uni duties.

5 Likes

I’m not sure why, but ever since I made my error pages dynamically show, using include on the 404 page does not work. Maybe someone here can help?

Code
$code = (int) $_GET["code"];
switch ($code) {
    case 400:
        $title = "Bad Request";
        $msg = "We're sorry but there was a bad request sent to the server.";
        break;
    case 401:
        $title = "Unauthorized Client";
        $msg = "Sorry, but your client may not be authorized to access this site and may need authentication.";
        break;
    case 403:
        $title = "Forbidden";
        $msg = "The website's configurations prevents you from accessing the page.";
        break;
    case 404:
        $title = "Not Found";
        $msg = "The page you were trying to reach was not found.";
        break;
    case 405: 
        $title = "Method Not Allowed";
        $msg = "The page you requested used an illegal method.";
        break;
    case 418:
        $title = "Teapot";
        $msg = "I'm a teapot.";
        break;
    case 429:
        $title = "Too Many Requests";
        $msg = "Too many requests have been sent to the server.";
        break;
    case 500:
        $title = "Internal Server Error";
        $msg = "There is a problem with the website's internal server. Please report the issue by contacting us.";
        break;
    case 502:
        $title = "Bad Gateway";
        $msg = "We're sorry, but this page responded with a bad gateway.";
        break;
    case 503:
        $title = "Service Unavailable";
        $msg = "The website is temporarily unavailable. This usually has to do with a load issue.";
        break;
    default:
        header("location: /");
        exit;
}

So if I go to “/error/error?code=404” it should just display some HTML with the title and the message. But if I use include($_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]."/error/error?code=404") in another page, it will show:

Warning: include({ROOT}/error/error?code=404): failed to open stream: 
No such file or directory on line 2
1 Like

Instead of include, could you try header?

1 Like

I most definitely can, however, when I do this is what shows up:

But I want this to show:

1 Like

Works fine:

4 Likes

Yes, that’s intended. However, let me give you an example I have a file called “verify.php” and if the $_GET["token"] isn’t set, then I want it to show the Error 404 page. If you want to you can try it yourself: https://flounder.epizy.com/account/settings/verify

Are you using ErrorDocument in .htaccess there?

3 Likes

Wait, no. I thought you meant something else. I’ll try that.

Well, it didn’t work. I’ll just echo “Invalid URL.”

Found this one rather funny lol.

My friend also showed me another youtuber, who didn’t know where the EU is.

1 Like

@Greenreader9 I believe I found the issue that I was having. First, I didn’t put error.php. Second, for some reason include and require will take any URL query and think it’s part of the file name. I just wasted all that time and now I have to come up with a solution.

3 Likes

Now you know what being a web developer feels like. It gets worse when you do backend