10000 forum users celebration - special event

Having fun with music myself.

I guess distortion really combines things (I learned that you just have a sub and a high sine wave + some noise. Run it through distortion and like a compressor it glues everything together).

I’m playing around with automations too:

That fake drop sounds awesome!

Although maybe I’ll have to re-label drop 1 to fake drop? I’m too lazy aah. I think I’ll just count it as the drop.

3 Likes

Having trouble starting the helicopter engine? :joy:
Maybe you have water in the fuel - you must have bought the fuel somewhere cheap on the black market :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

nah he probably put diesel to the jet engine

3 Likes

So I am considering starting a project, and I want to make some LEDs I have a bit brighter. So a reflective housing is what I want to build. I know I need a parabolic shape for the cone Something like this ( (modeled as |( ⋅ ). I just don’t know what equation or p value to use.

So I went to google and really did not find enough information besides this thing:
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/aoe/2018/7138592/

Does anyone want to spend a few hours of their day reading this and explaining it to me?

@Dev-I-J WB :partying_face:

@Greenreader9 do those LEDs have a white cover and how deep is the housing?

I don’t think you will increase it by more than 3%, because mostly the LEDs shine in one direction (not below them) or they have an added lens, so again everything goes in one direction…and many have aluminum under them to keep them cool…

maybe it’s easiest to replace it with one of more lumens / lux

We will soon move to another topic and this one will be closed - we will talk here for the next 2 days
2023-05-08T22:00:00Z

Who will find the hidden message first?

2 Likes

The LED is something like this, but smaller (Only about a few millimeters in width)

I was thinking to make a sort of cone around it with aluminum foil:

\ /
  -

In other news, congratulations everyone for being a part of this fourm and its 20,000 users!

4 Likes

it’s best for you to experiment - but it should be a mirror-like surface

also depends on how far the surface you want to illuminate is
and when you have that cone, then the beam is more and more focused in one place instead of being scattered more

but again it depends on the strength of the bulb and the distance of the surface you want to illuminate
it can easily happen that it doesn’t have any effect or that it shines even weaker in the width

2 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT DO IT

3 Likes

hiii. im back fr some time ig

4 Likes

wb to the forum

5 Likes

It’s time for a change and everyone loved this topic, but the others will be even better !
besides, it would be silly for other visitors to constantly look at the 10k topic
and we passed 20k and there is a 20k topic…

The only thing is that on Tuesday I will rename it so that it starts with 20000
to find it easier in the list

@jaikrishna.t WB :partying_face:

4 Likes

will this topic be deleted?

3 Likes

no way - we didn’t even delete the posts that were moved from here

2 Likes

good good

one of the reasons “why not delete” is listed there

2 Likes

3 Likes

my image doesnt work :c

April 2022 is because I made a topic then
but the other dates from the posts are from 2021 or older.

that’s why it shows like that

2 Likes

ik i just thought it was funi

3 Likes