10000 forum users celebration - special event

You have to view near 100 topix in order to become a regular.

I thought he used to be a regular.

Yeah, I’ve prob viewed 100 topics or so.

You have to view 360 topics in total, you’ve 100 left.

Uhh, nope.

According to stats, I’ve read 550 :confused:

Don't believe me?

OH, in the last 100 days.

Ok, yeah nvm then.

1 Like

you can view stats? where?

I am a moderator so I have the ability.

Ahh… how can I see my own stats? Or is it not possible?

I don’t think it is possible.

Oof… can you show me mine?

Seriously though, they should add that feature >:(

Well, if you go to the menu (Three lines in upper right) I know you can view some things by clicking on “Users” and searching your username.

187-s

1 Like

Thought that I had, is it possible?

Have ads on my site, but give people the option to remove them if they pay. I would use Google Admob (or is it AdSense?). They could either pay and the ads disappear from the site, or they could be redirected to a new site, like “noads.mysite.com”. Of anyone has better ideas (my are pretty bad) please let me know!

You mean registered users? if yes then it is possible, a lot of sites put it as a benefit for premium accounts of their site.

Sure. I can implement a system like that, but how would I bring in payment processing, and tell Admod/AdSence to remove the ads if logged in with an active subscription?

Is there a free open-source solution to do this, or it is something simple to implement (what language would be used?)
Thanks!

Use PHP to add the Ad Code if they don’t have a subscription

Eg:

if ($_SESSION["user_has_subscription"] !== true) { ?>
<!-- html for add code -->
<?php } ?>
2 Likes

So could I put this in the ‘Head’ tag and have the Google AdSence code within it? Also, if I wanted to have a pop-up/light box as well, would I have to add this snippet a second time in the ‘Body’ tag for that (And then have the code for the pop up within it)?

Also, how would payment processing be setup for that, like with PayPal or something (Or, could I add it as a “Product” to my WP-WooCommeramce store, and then give them passcodes and such upon successful purchase?)

(I’m assuming it would have to store a cookie when the user is signed in called “user_has_subscription” right? And then it would have to check for the cookie (the code you provided above) on every page?)

No, because everyone can have subscription with altering that cookie. And the $_SESSION itself is unsecure.