10000 forum users celebration - special event

Interesting:

Croatia will join the eurozone and adopt the euro (EUR) as its official national currency, replacing the Kuna (HRK)

3 Likes

You should have asked me before that, but you still have a little time until 1.1. to put your banknotes into circulation :joy:

3 Likes

Made a VistaPanel Android app.

3 Likes

Interesting. Share a link?

2 Likes

The app on Google Play Store is in review.
Download the APK here for now: 3.53 MB file on MEGA
THIS IS NOT A VIRUS.

Well, when you say it isnā€™t a virus itā€™s more suspicious than if you hadnā€™t. Either way, I donā€™t even have an Andriod.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not saying that it is a virus. All that I was saying was it just made it more suspicious, but I do believe you.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll take the Play store link when it is live an emulate it, donā€™t feel like setting up the software to run an APK at the moment.

Also, you are probably violating copyright laws, you probably will want to look into that.

3 Likes

It doesnā€™t seem to have its own styling, and if it does it doesnā€™t display for me. Are you planning to add one?
When I use the wrong credentials, I get redirected to vPā€™s web page, and have to use the back button to get back to the app (well, thereā€™s not much you can do there, other than checking that some criteria are met for example before allowing the login request).

What Iā€™m a bit concerned about is the potential of credential logging, are you planning to make this open-source? Itā€™s not required, of course, but it would be a huge advantage and could make users feel more secure.

6 Likes

So its basically an iFrame of the website?

Kind of.

It is not a Iframe:

Whatā€™s up with the screenshotā€™s aspect ratio?

3 Likes

You can use this

2 Likes

I just set up an android vm in VirtualBoxā€¦ it took forever because the install was similar to that of Arch, but I got it eventually!

4 Likes

Oh, Iā€™m aware I can. The only problem would be my laptop. I wouldnā€™t want to curse or swear, but letā€™s just say my laptop is very, very bad.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t know you knew how to make music!

Nice!!!

My first song remix, haā€¦

3 Likes

What do you think my YT channel is about ?

This one is the most emo-intense for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF59z5gVA9M

had to use 15+ years of experience in FL somehow.

I will write you a slightly longer answer soon

6 Likes

@Thewebuser22

The first problem I had with your sample is that it has a lot of reverb/delay in it
and I had to neutralize it to some extent,
Iā€™ll get back to thatā€¦ :slight_smile:

Now the most important thing
when creating songs you have to know something that I learned much later

ITā€™S ALL A FIGHT FOR FREQUENCY !

Letā€™s start with an ordinary speaker and its membrane

Many people do not have quality three-stage systems that will separate frequencies into high, medium and low, but most of the time they listen on a regular speaker (or even worse on small PC speakers).

The speaker works so that, depending on the impulses, it pushes the membrane out and back.

It is easy to reproduce something clearly to the speaker when there is only one signal
(one instrument), for example pure flat tone AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,
and then, for example, the membrane vibrates at 420hz

Now imagine adding a drum section to that where you have a huge bass drumā€¦
Every time the drum hit the diaphragm it no longer plays those 420hz but jumps full forward (boom) !

The more instruments you have that are in the same spectrum (/range of frequencies), the murkier the song and the harder it is for the speaker to reproduce (they suffocate each other).

Here is a banal example of why electronic music sounds clean, while, for example, metal does not so much,
especially bass drum etc.
Because the electric guitar (with its growl) covers a very wide spectrum and there is not much free space for anything else.

While, for example, in trance you have one high lead melody (freqs) and everything else is pumping bass and drums.

It even went so far as to introduce a sidechain,
so when the kick drum hits there is nothing playing at the same time
rather, it is just to make it easier for that membrane to go full ā€¦ thatā€™s why it sounds so fat and thick.

Now simply imagine that you have to say two words at once - hard isnā€™t it?

Now to return to your sample
because of the reverb, it took up a lot of frequencies, because the ā€œspaceā€ expands around and plays not only those notes that you pressed, but also small echoes and so onā€¦
means it occupies more in the spectrum.

So I had to cut through the EQ everything irrelevant and raise only the desired frequencies

this is otherwise done for each instrument
you always put instruments (samples) on the mixer to a specific channel and then do the EQ there
(for each individually plus of course the VOL level) because the point is to only play what is needed and not the surrounding frequencies, because that way two three 10 ends up drowning out a lot of things.

Imagine it simplified like this - you turn on the microphone, press REC and say 1, 2, 3ā€¦
When you listen to the recording, you will hear your breathing, environmental noises, static noises, the noise of the sound card itself, etcā€¦
Then you simply remove everything irrelevant with the equalizer and leave only the frequencies of your voice (that 1,2,3)ā€¦

Because as I said, everything is a fight for frequencies (spectrum)

Here is the next example where I have a mistake because I didnā€™t even spend too much time on itā€¦
put on headphones and turn up the volume to maximum

and pay attention when this 1. starts playing
you no longer hear in that first seq. No. 2.

I set the time, so just play vid. (0:14 - 0:15 whooom)

And it is important that number 2 is heard non-stop because it gives rhythm and joyā€¦ it guides the listener
and the brain feels very strange when it feels that something is missing from what it is used to.
so I should have played around and made a fix so that the number 2 is heard constantly.

And what else can I tell you, never use samples :slight_smile:

I rarely use themā€¦I use them mainly for the drum section
or I twist them so much that they are unrecognizable

because the samples you download online are used by literally millions of people and you will lose 200 hours making a song
and when you upload it, YT will say that it has matching content
because someone else is using the same sample
and then if the guy is a jerk
he will not release the copyright claim, even worse if it is some fool who is behind some record company

6 Likes