Domain Checker error

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

removed.lovestoblog.com
Checking my domain because sometimes the server response is slow, and also no success yet in getting CNAME correct for ZeroSSL.

Error Message - from Domain Checker

Your domain contains invalid or unknown nameservers.
In most cases, these should be removed.

The domain is not assigned to an InfinityFree account. Please add the domain to a hosting account to show a website on it.

ns1.aligneddns.com - INVALID
ns2.aligneddns.com - INVALID

Other Information

On the Infinity website with the Control Panel green button, I see this main domain:
ga8ps9z4.epizy.com

Thanks for any advice or help.

Your website loads in under two seconds for me.

Thanks - yes, it often loads quickly for me, too. But sometimes, a delay up to 8 or 10 seconds. Also, hard to understand why the Infinity Domain Checker says there is a problem.

As long as the domain is visible in the “Subdomains” section of the control panel, just ignore the checker. As for the loading, WP cron runs in pageload, and the more tasks that are stored, the longer it will take before the page is shown. Try creating a cron job in the control panel to run every 1hr and 5min.

1 Like

Again, my thanks. I’ll look into that!

1 Like

Please note that you have added a subdomain for “ilovetoblog.com”, whereas our domain is “lovestoblog.com”. So unless you have registered that domain elsewhere, that explains why the CNAME records and the right nameservers cannot be found on that domain: it’s a different domain.

2 Likes

Thanks. As a novice, I am still picking up knowledge as I go along. Appreciated.

1 Like

I tried the suggestions here to set up a simple wp chron job once/hour, but that did not improve my early morning first opening time - which took nearly 20 seconds to open the site on an Edge browser. Normally, it is quick. But it is worrisome that it can be so delayed. I realize it is free, but still, people won’t wait that long for a link to open.

Only the first load will really have that wait time, and upgrading won’t really prevent it. Make sure that auto-updates are turned off.

Greenreader9, even after the data center outage, the site came up extremely quickly once the center was restored. But alas, even after I had turned off all auto-updates, I still had a ‘first load’ time of 20 seconds. Certainly this can’t be normal?

It is normal if you use large plugins and/or themes. WordPress is heavy software.

2 Likes

Thanks for this reply, wackyblackie. I have already turned off the auto-updates on the plugins, and can reduce the number of them, and see if any difference is made. I use Poseiden as a WP theme, and it does not seem to be a heavy theme (vs. other ones.) If you have tips for excellent software other than WP that would meet a blog-type site need with good graphics, I am open to recommendations.

My recommendation is don’t use WordPress, since it’s not the best for free hosting.

Do you have a recommendation for the best alternative to WordPress from the Softaculous catalog? Thanks.

My first load this morning from the free blogsite was 15 seconds rather than 20, with most all of the suggestions used from this string. I still am not understanding why the first access of the site is so slow, while usually during the rest of a day, it is very quick. Is there some kind of practice for the free sites that causes some sites to be put on a server “back burner” if not accessed after a certain length of time? What improvements are found on the $4.99 level of upgrade, in terms of WordPress?

Its because of WP cron. WP cannot run if someone is not on your website, it stores all the tasks it (Or your plugins) need to complete. When you load the page, everything in the cron list has to run first before your page is shown. It is faster later in the day because you already opened the site and the WP cron list emptied itself out. Remove everything you don’t need, and post a list of the plugins you are using here as well.

1 Like

Thanks, since writing this, I went back to check on the Chron job I set up, per your previous note, and it was not there, but read the note saying any Chron that runs more than 5 seconds is automatically deleted. So here’s a question - any way to instigate that WP-Chron to run on a schedule, from within WP or the Control Panel without violating that rule? You have said an upgrade to paid wouldn’t necessarily fix it, but if I did, it seems like the WP-Chron that I set-up would not be erased, but would run? (I will get the other info and add later today.) THANKS.

Added info about my Plugins:
Installed & Activated: Google Website Translator (widget) - just this one is the only active plugin, and it is a key element to have on my site as it involves entertainment material from other languages.
Installed & Deactivated: Import XML Feed, WordPress Importer, WP Import Export Lite, WP Mail SMTP - all not active (do they take up any Chron work if not active? I can probably delete these.)
Thanks for reviewing.

Delete them then. I don’t know if they affect the site or not, but remove them since you are not using them. You can make a list and add them back later if you wish. Don’t use any backup plugin here, as they can lead you quickly to limits.

Took a screenshot, and have now deleted.
We’ll see how long tomorrow’s first load will take.