Email Account, Webmail, Forwarders issues


#21

Mail is not working properly kindly let me know how to fix it. I am able receive mail but not able to send mail. Is anybody here who knows what to do?


#22

@Admin said:

@sepnaweb said:
??? ??? ?? ???
is this available for free accounts?

I’m sorry, but I don’t know what that is. All I see is a lot of characters I can’t read.

Also, if the question is not related to the email storage issue, could you please create a new topic rather than asking your question to whatever the first topic is you click on?

admin help me too please


#23

Hi Admin

Not sure if the issue is similar but I have been struggling to just get to the landing login page of the Webclient. It keeps on saying connection timed out. Can you please assist?


#24

I couldn’t see my webmail (http://185.27.132.238/roundcubemail/), it shows site can not reached please can you resolve it


#25

I couldn’t see my webmail (http://185.27.132.238/roundcubemail/), it shows site can not reached please can you resolve it


#26

I wondered why my non profit organisation is not able to get into my e-mails. rotten bad gateways every time, plus old PHP, very disappointing…


#27

Yes, the email system is in a quite sorry state right now. We know it, iFastNet knows it, but we need to wait for them to fix it. And from what I’ve been told, fixing the email system is going to be complicated, so please be patient as it can still take a while.


#28

@Admin said:
Yes, the email system is in a quite sorry state right now. We know it, iFastNet knows it, but we need to wait for them to fix it. And from what I’ve been told, fixing the email system is going to be complicated, so please be patient as it can still take a while.

Do you have any form of compromise, or solution, for this?? You seem to admit the shortfall in service, yet think it is acceptable to leave my organisation like this??


#29

Is there any way I can set up a redirect, so any e-mails I receive goes to an e-mail address I can access?? That could be a temporary solution??


#30

I couldn’t see my webmail (http://185.27.132.238/roundcubemail/), it shows site can not reach please can you resolve it


#31

i would like to know it’s a problem from your side ? or I changed something by mistake can you clarify me please


#32

@Spark-Aerospace said:
i would like to know it’s a problem from your side ? or I changed something by mistake can you clarify me please

Since there was no recent update, then you can still think that the error is on server’s side.


#33

@PaulNewman said:

@Admin said:
Yes, the email system is in a quite sorry state right now. We know it, iFastNet knows it, but we need to wait for them to fix it. And from what I’ve been told, fixing the email system is going to be complicated, so please be patient as it can still take a while.

Do you have any form of compromise, or solution, for this?? You seem to admit the shortfall in service, yet think it is acceptable to leave my organisation like this??

Please keep in mind that it’s a free website hosting service. Email has always been a courtesy service and not the main focus of what we provide. If you want high grade email, it’s always better to go for a specialized email hosting service like GSuite or Zoho.

@Spark-Aerospace said:
i would like to know it’s a problem from your side ? or I changed something by mistake can you clarify me please

Did you read the first message in the topic? It describes the issue more than just the subject.


#34

We are unable to reach our email servers. This has become quite frequent affair and we were promised last time that you guys are moving to new serves and this problem may not arise. Can you please fix this immediately and assure this does not happen in future frequently?


#35

@Admin said:

@PaulNewman said:

@Admin said:
Yes, the email system is in a quite sorry state right now. We know it, iFastNet knows it, but we need to wait for them to fix it. And from what I’ve been told, fixing the email system is going to be complicated, so please be patient as it can still take a while.

Do you have any form of compromise, or solution, for this?? You seem to admit the shortfall in service, yet think it is acceptable to leave my organisation like this??

Please keep in mind that it’s a free website hosting service. Email has always been a courtesy service and not the main focus of what we provide. If you want high grade email, it’s always better to go for a specialized email hosting service like GSuite or Zoho.

That’s not really an answer though is it, I entered into an agreement with you people, and you have broken it. Our organisation needs access to our our e-mails, and that to me, is a breach of contract on your behalf, is it not??

It could be worse, people could be paying for this shocking service we and many others are receiving… So what are you going to do to compensate us for this loss exactly??


#36

@PaulNewman said:

@Admin said:

@PaulNewman said:

@Admin said:
Yes, the email system is in a quite sorry state right now. We know it, iFastNet knows it, but we need to wait for them to fix it. And from what I’ve been told, fixing the email system is going to be complicated, so please be patient as it can still take a while.

Do you have any form of compromise, or solution, for this?? You seem to admit the shortfall in service, yet think it is acceptable to leave my organisation like this??

Please keep in mind that it’s a free website hosting service. Email has always been a courtesy service and not the main focus of what we provide. If you want high grade email, it’s always better to go for a specialized email hosting service like GSuite or Zoho.

That’s not really an answer though is it, I entered into an agreement with you people, and you have broken it. Our organisation needs access to our our e-mails, and that to me, is a breach of contract on your behalf, is it not??

It could be worse, people could be paying for this shocking service we and many others are receiving… So what are you going to do to compensate us for this loss exactly??

@PaulNewman: The reply from admin is not acceptable. We entered in an agreement with these people. We are suffering on email access and they reply move to other service provider. they should have not offered the service if they were are expressing the inability now to take care of this


#37

Didn’t mean to be rude, but does using a completely cost-free environment to make profit is a good idea? I always thought free hosting as either being a blog or prototyping purpose.

By the way, since mailing function is still not functioning, there are some workaround to keep sending mail (but not receiving). SendGrid does support domain name email (something@yourchoice.com), might as well try them out (40k mail/30day trial, 100 mail/day after that).


#38

Please keep in mind everyone that we provide a free website hosting service. Our specialty is website hosting, not email hosting. And we provide it for free, so we cannot provide enterprise level SLAs or even consumer protection for that matter, as we didn’t sell you anything to begin with. Our services are provided as-is on a best effort basis. And our best effort, in this case, isn’t that great as you’ve experienced.

In case I haven’t said it enough yet, I’ll say it once again.

I’m sorry for these issues. This is a outage on our end, and it shouldn’t be taking this long for it to be addressed. I completely understand that you find this unacceptable and that you are being damaged by this outage. We are doing our best to get the email system up and running properly as soon as reasonably possible.

On one hand, you have all the right to complain, because this outage is pretty bad. On the other hand, know that doing so will achieve nothing. We know this issue exist, and we’re trying to fix it. But like most real world issues, there is no “fix it” button we can press to magically make it all work again. It takes time and effort to fix issues. And sometimes there are more urgent things which demand time and effort instead.

I’m not sure what compensation you were hoping to get, but I can guarantee you that we will not give you money because a completely free service (= you never gave us any money for it either) is not to your liking.

If you have a business, which relies on a reliable online presence, you need to get a proper business service. Like you get with iFastNet’s Business Hosting services. And I’m not saying that as a cash grab, but as a serious recommendation that you should never use free services for your critical business infrastructure because free services by nature cannot guarantee perfect availability and consistency.


#39

Some people will never understand…


#40

I understand this affects free plans. What about paid plans? are they affected? I’m thinking about upgrading but I’d like confirmation that this is not an issue.