Official Feature Suggestion Thread

Also a complex password for ftp and database is needed.

@Admin said:
Do you have any suggestion for a title?

it is difficult to make a short title because the real problem has to be separated from…
like error 500 vs index2.html (lets make something awesome)

This is the title strictly for WP not for all Softaculous installations
(This is the shortest I can! hahaha)

My WordPress site does not show up when visiting my domain
instead it is displayed “lets make something awesome” page

@Admin said:
Do you have any suggestion for a title?
My newly WordPress installation does not show up, and displays default page instead

@Geek_Tips_Hub said:
I want to add it > @MrJunior said:

@Admin mk, here an image

That’s the ones that I’ve found while was just working with hosting. Hope there’s no more things like that.
with 5 most required things. SSL on softaculas installer, net2ftp, phpmyadmin and a SFTP access. So we feel security all over. Revamp of vistapanel is appreciated.

Hi,
You can use FTPS instead, it is also secure with the TLS Security Protocol and it is supported on free hosting while SFTP is completely not supported and also I think FTP encryption needs more server usage than normal FTP.

Also I agree to your idea!
+1

@Geek_Tips_Hub said:
I want to add it > @MrJunior said:

@Admin mk, here an image

That’s the ones that I’ve found while was just working with hosting. Hope there’s no more things like that.
with 5 most required things. SSL on softaculas installer, net2ftp, phpmyadmin and a SFTP access. So we feel security all over.

SFTP is never going to be added. SFTP is a part of SSH access, and we’re not going to provide shell access with free hosting. It’s not even even available on the regular premium hosting, only on the business accounts because of the security implications.

FTPS on the other hand is just as secure, and that’s already available.

Softaculous, net2ftp and phpMyAdmin don’t have HTTPS but should have it.

@ChrisPAR said:
I agree with @UnknownLolz, vPanel Design really does need a change :lol:

@Geek_Tips_Hub said:
Revamp of vistapanel is appreciated.

I don’t think @UnknownLolz said the design needed to be changed, only that that the recommended nameservers and FTP hostnames should be consistent. Which is not really the same as the “design” (i.e. HTML/CSS) of the panel if you ask me.

If you would like to have a different design, can you please elaborate a bit on what you think is bad about the current design? After all, what’s the point of creating a new design if it’s just going to have the same problems as before?

Also, a complex password for FTP and database is needed.

@Geek_Tips_Hub said:

That’s true and a very good recommendation. How is that a feature request?

@Admin said:

@Geek_Tips_Hub said:

This is an improvement. Not a feature request.

@Geek_Tips_Hub said:

@Admin said:

@Geek_Tips_Hub said:

I’m sorry, I meant that it is a good recommendation to users that they should use strong passwords. How do you believe we can help people use more complex passwords?

He probably thinking of special characters in passwords

I do not know which one he is tried (some are of course not allowed to prevent software or security problems)

@Admin said:

@Geek_Tips_Hub said:

@Admin said:

@Geek_Tips_Hub said:

I’m sorry, I meant that it is a good recommendation to users that they should use strong passwords. How do you believe we can help people use more complex passwords?

Yes, complex password means, include spacial character, which is missing.

Resource Usage can be improved by enable click function. Like when I click on the graphics, it will show number of Hits by date.

I can’t able to access Access Logs and Error Logs. I don’t know why “Select Day” drop down doesn’t work.

@Geek_Tips_Hub said:
I don’t know why “Select Day” drop down doesn’t work.

page 1 and 2 https://forum.infinityfree.com/discussion/4323/urgent-someone-hacked-into-the-site-and-edited-my-php-files

@OxyDac said:

@Geek_Tips_Hub said:

page 1 and 2 https://forum.infinityfree.com/discussion/4323/urgent-someone-hacked-into-the-site-and-edited-my-php-files

Hi, I could not understand what you are saying. If visit vistapanel and simply click on the access logs link. It’ll give some options like site, select day, download. I am trying to say select day drop-down menu is not working. It can be fixed.

@Geek_Tips_Hub said:

@OxyDac said:

@Geek_Tips_Hub said:

Hi, I could not understand what you are saying. If visit vistapanel and simply click on the access logs link. It’ll give some options like site, select day, download. I am trying to say select day drop-down menu is not working. It can be fixed.

What he means is that:

These have been disabled by admins recently due to issues with storage allocation.

iFastNet disabled it and they are going to remove it soon, and InfinityFree’s Admin had said:

Error logs have never worked as you would expect and access logs didn’t work most of the time. What’s the point of a log viewer if most of the logs are garbage anyways.

So I don’t think that they are coming back soon…

Any chance you guys are part of the elFinder file manager? It is open source and free, it is easy and intuitive, besides having a high range of functionalities. In its latest version, it has added even more features. I recommend.

Affiliate Marketing Program

@dlucaszs said:
Any chance you guys are part of the elFinder file manager? It is open source and free, it is easy and intuitive, besides having a high range of functionalities. In its latest version, it has added even more features. I recommend.

I’ve tried elFinder but I find the tiny window to be really hard to use, and it doesn’t even seem to have a built in editor as far as I can tell. What are some of these “high range of functionalities” and “even more features” you speak about?

@mauwiks said:
Affiliate Marketing Program

It’s on the radar, but not something we plan on doing again in the near future.

Thanks! But I’ll still be happy to recommend people here. Hope the support performance will never change.