Official Feature Suggestion Thread

@OxyDac said:
check the name (input field) of the custom subdomain for freecluster, epizy, etc.
and if it contains “google, go0gle, g0ogle, g00gle” do not allow the creation

It’s not so much about a naive user
but not to cross the threshold of some artificial intelligence from google,
so that A.I. don’t mark the entire domain as problematic

I agree with @OxyDac

@OxyDac said:
hi ChrisPar :slight_smile:
I am very against it, because any rank it would only polarize the forum society
to popular and unpopular users…
and generate mass posting just for the higher rank
(which would lead to less quality and less clear responses)

I am not talking about rank award; I mentioned YAGA, which has Badges awards and that kind of stuff.

@Admin said:

Forum rewards are a bit of a hit and miss. The old post2host strategy (where you would have to create, say, 20 posts per month to get free hosting) just attracted spam. Reddit is an example of where it did go well.

I guess something like forum titles or badges for number of posts or a like/dislike system with a reputation scoring would be nice.

But actually rewarding people for creating posts? That’s a guaranteed to turn a forum into a cesspool of spam and junk posts, which is not going to make this a better place for anyone.

That is why in the rules, spamming should be descirbed that it will NOT be tolerated.
There is actually a Spammer Reaction in YAGA where Mods/Admins can categorize someone as spammer; however, I dunno if it enforces a limit by default or if you have to customize it.

Even on that case, you could always set up a rule that a user with more than 2/3 spamming posts will get banned for a time limit or forever, and whoever crosses that get banned.

I know you may think that there will be many spammers and we cannot ban them all, however I believe that if they see some examples being banned, they will not continue it.
There are some exceptions however; Which will be probably the few that will get banned if this system gets implemented.

Me too

@Joo_Nath said:

@Admin said:

• Free SSL certificates.

So have you got any name (provider) in mind?

Yes, considering there is only one at this time.

@OxyDac said:
check the name (input field) of the custom subdomain for freecluster, epizy, etc.
and if it contains “google, go0gle, g0ogle, g00gle” do not allow the creation

It’s not so much about a naive user
but not to cross the threshold of some artificial intelligence from google,
so that A.I. don’t mark the entire domain as problematic

Google doesn’t do so anyways as far as I know. Google is quite sensible with it’s policies, unlike some other big tech companies.

Also, blacklisting keywords doesn’t help to prevent phishing. If you blacklist the domains you listed, then criminals will just use “gooogle”, “googgle” or “gmail” instead. And while it’s perfectly possible to play whack-a-mole and keep blacklisting domains until the end of time, it won’t take long before you start blocking people’s Swimming Goggles websites as well.

There are more effective ways to detect phishing than that.

About forum improvements — reputation/usefuly of each user.

I love InfinityFree <3

Here’s a simple suggestion. Stop having so many pages of your website open in new tabs. Every time I use your site, I have many tabs open, and it gets confusing. Thank you.

@doomeyes said:
Here’s a simple suggestion. Stop having so many pages of your website open in new tabs. Every time I use your site, I have many tabs open, and it gets confusing. Thank you.

As long as I visit this site, I didn’t get any link that opens to a new tab. Or it must be me who didn’t know, or notice (I kept closing new tabs after finished using, so I don’t quite aware of them). May I know at which point (page) you get new tab opened?

@Joo_Nath said:

@doomeyes said:

As long as I visit this site, I didn’t get any link that opens to a new tab. Or it must be me who didn’t know, or notice (I kept closing new tabs after finished using, so I don’t quite aware of them). May I know at which point (page) you get new tab opened?

My mistake then. I believe I was thinking of the cPanel. Thank you for your reply.

I know it’s nothing urgent, just a suggestion to add
“size limit for .htaccess file is 10 kB”

in these two articles

https://infinityfree.net/support/why-are-my-files-deleted-after-uploading/
https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-add-htaccess-rules/

and please clarify is it exactly kB or KB (1000 vs 1024)?

@OxyDac said:
I know it’s nothing urgent, just a suggestion to add
“size limit for .htaccess file is 10 kB”

in these two articles

https://infinityfree.net/support/why-are-my-files-deleted-after-uploading/
https://infinityfree.net/support/how-to-add-htaccess-rules/

and please clarify is it exactly kB or KB (1000 vs 1024)?

Not sure, it’s not documented officially anywhere. I just found it out through trial and error.

But it should be added to an article, yes.

Hey, maybe considering to restrict mass sending email would be good. Mail system in here was considerably poor, judging by how Yahoo and (possibly) Gmail put us on blacklist, even just for forwarding/SPF record. (perhaps this was caused by user’s spam behavior?)

I’ve tried to send something to users using either of them and receive nothing but a notification about sending failure (connection refused)

@Joo_Nath said:
Hey, maybe considering to restrict mass sending email would be good.

I’d say mass email sending is pretty much impossible already right now. The only way you can send email relatively freely is through the webmail interface. Programmatic access, whether through code on your website or external SMTP software, is already impossible.

I don’t know how we could restrict email sending any more without disabling it entirely. Do you have any suggestions?

@Joo_Nath said:
Yahoo and (possibly) Gmail put us on blacklist, even just for forwarding/SPF record. (perhaps this was caused by user’s spam behavior?)

SPF records generally don’t cause blacklists, but forwarding can. Forwarders take all email coming in and and pass them on to the target mailbox. However, the target mailbox only sees that the email was sent by the forwarding host.

This causes two problems:

• Most domains whitelist specific hosts or IP addresses to send email on their behalf. The forwarding host is not on that list, so the target mailbox may believe that the forwarding host is not actually forwarding, but is sending you fake messages instead.
  • Any spam sent to the original email address will be forwarded as well. To the target mailbox, it will look like the forwarding host sent the spam, so they can be punished for it. Spam filtering on forwarders is not impossible, but very complicated.

Why is this removed from announcements?

@ChrisPAR said:
Why is this removed from announcements?

Because there have been six weeks already since I posted the request and many responses have been provided. Anyone can still suggest any new features whenever they want (in this topic or in a new one, as always). But this specific request is closed for now. Maybe there will be one again at a later time.