[SOLVED] Rf.gd domain name is down

yep, my site is down, I haven’t developed it completely yet. This is sad and really an obstacle for me and the others like me.

Thank you admin for notifying this. I was getting hopeless what had happened.

What are the options can someone simply point me? should I wait? or do something about it?

I also have the same question. :cry:

You can register a freenom domain and then add it as a parked domain.
Alternatively, you could wait.

3 Likes

Ah, so that’s why it’s impossible to create a *.rf.gd account and you always see the message/warning “Your domain is not yet pointing to ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com. Change your nameservers at your domain registrar and wait a few hours. You can also create an account with a subdomain first.
X
Is there an ETA, or we’re still in the dark.?

2 Likes

Welcome!
I assume, From the Whois messages that we are in the dark, and admin is in the dark about what’s happening to their domain name.

3 Likes

I tried registering a domain on Freenom…but apparently I’m not a real person for them - I actually got “We can’t verify you as a person. Try again later”…sure will, except later = never.

2 Likes

The rf.gd domain name was put on hold by CentralNIC, the main authority of the .gd extension. Both the registrar Key Systems and their reseller through whom I got the domain name have been quite cooperative, but so far CentralNIC has not responded to contact requests.

The chance that you need to do this are very small. Most accounts are created on the epizy.com domain name, so the outage on the rf.gd domain won’t affect their custom domains. Fewer than 1% of all accounts are affected by this. You can tell if you are likely affected by the username of the hosting account. If it starts with epiz_, then you’re probably safe, if it starts with rfgd_, then you may need to take action.

7 Likes

So it’s been a day later and still isn’t fixed yet? :sob:

this is effecting my domain and I need to bring it back up, I’m not good with DNS and a ‘how to’ in order to fix this so my domains can display would be helpful because not even the epizy domains are working for me and everything i try tells me Error

2 Likes

How much time will it take to fix this problem

There’s No ETA

This is pure stress. So I had my domain changed to .Uk.NF from iFastNet & my website is appearing like this

Also when I click on the links it takes me back to .RF.GD. I’m scared I’ve lost everything… do I need to wait for DNS propagation?

You also need to change your website URL on your software’s database to point to the new subdomain.

Welcome, the solution to the problem has been delayed a lot, and the sites are not working for a long time, if there is no radical solution please inform us to move to other hosting.

As far as we can tell, CentralNIC, the central authority for the .gd extension, has taken down the domain name. So far, they have not responded to our contact attempts.

I wish I could do more to solve it, or even provide an ETA. But the fact is that fixing everything is as simple as pressing a button, but the people who could press that button cannot be reached.

If you don’t want to wait for that, you can just move your website to an epizy.com domain or another domain name of your choice. You can do so on the same hosting account, so you don’t even need to change your database settings to do so.

7 Likes

How do I do that? All of this is so confusing

It depends on the software you are using. Which software are you using? If WordPress, follow this:

1 Like

All has been resolved now! Thank you

2 Likes

Just added an update:

9 Likes

Thanks!!! Though I just spent a few minutes getting http://weatheralex1.gq If I would have known .rf.gd was coming back with in thous few minutes I would have not done that.