Tips for quality website design

Wow, 13 hour D3.js tutorial. Regarding the Mac vs PC video above, I saw that guy lately test a 70" 8k gaming rig using a Sharp 8k 70" panel with (2) Nvidia Quadro p5000. Like $15,000 to build, I guess Nvidia consumer cards don’t allow such an array needing to use Quadros…

3 Likes

@Oxy Me Too I Use Everything Free In My Website :
clicketyclacketyclic.cf
And See That .Cf Domain It’s Also Free HahHah

4 Likes

regarding D3 - I chose video because that guy is a really good teacher, and he has a calm voice :smile:
So even if you are not interested in D3…the first few hours of the video comes handy in many situations

• I wanted to send you that video a long time ago, but I didn’t because I assumed you were trying to preserve bandwidth :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:
I chose the .cf because it is easy to write on a keyboard (keyboard layout)
it’s short and easy to remember, it fits in well with my domain name
and at the end associates (psychologically) as if it belonged to cloudflare :joy:
so when you got a cloudflare behind everything - it totally makes sense

4 Likes

@Oxy I Also Use CloudFlare And It’s Forum.

4 Likes

it’s okay to do :slight_smile:.

i mean, it can avoid more traffics.

CloudFlare

matches with cf domain

6 Likes

I recently spoke with one person and asked her if she saw that I was written “OXY DAC” in my new logo for site, after which she replied that she did not see it :roll_eyes:

now I do not know if I have complicated it so much…and what is obvious to me…to others it seems completely hidden ?
or does it just take a little more careful looking and a grain of imagination ? what do you think/see ?

O-D-lo%20(3) O-D-lo%20(1)

I don't see it - show me your logic ! (click here)

Thank you for your time
5 Likes

I was detecting (O and D) instead of (D and C) ,

Such a cool and of course mystery avatar :grinning:

edit: I just could guess O and X locations correctly

4 Likes

Hi and thank you :slight_smile:

You’re right - D is more looks like O
But it was important to me the symmetry on the other side where C is
C = Inverted D literally (rotated)

But when someone comes to my site he knows the name of the site
so that “O” to him will be D ( I hope so hahaha )
Thanks again !

I’ve been using this logo program for years, so if someone needs it. https://www.aaa-logo.com/

3 Likes

That’s definitely an unique original logo. How did you come up with OxyDac? I have a sense there’s meaning in it ‘sharp + digital-to-analog converter’?

3 Likes

I just read: SSL errors on some websites, from admin 6 days ago. Any new news on subject?

1 Like

Hey, you changed you’re forum avatar from a dark circle with DAC to a cat .

4 Likes

Thank you !
isn’t it obvious ??? :slight_smile: Outstanding - Xenial - Youthful - Deep - Admired - Champion

hahaha just a joke !

One part you guessed right ( oxy )
Dac ? - yeah… many people think I chose it since I play guitar and make music (producer)…nope…
Dac - arose from the first two letters of my name + the first letter of the alphabet that fits…that’s how everyone calls me (who knows me).

Since “dac” is also an acronym for “digital to analog”… Google has been throwing out a lot of such results
and I had to think of something short and easy to remember to add to that “Dac” and break away from those SERPs (as things stand I think I need a third word…meh).

Then I combined Latin and/or English and that’s how Oxy Dac came…
In that time, I loved playing with oxymorons and breathe oxygen ! :joy::grinning:

No

I like to counter :slight_smile:
often when someone gets a status (unrelated to this forum) like admin, moderator or whatever
then puts a big red flashing avatar to further indicate their mega status e.g. I’m dangerous don’t play with me, I have power, I’m king… just look at me (and my avatar) … :smile:

It is all related to psychology - an insecure person will stick all possible stickers on themselves and a lot of other things just to compensates his weakness. There are so many examples from life…
Luckily… I don’t have these problems so I can put “Hello Kitty” and remain manly, authoritative when needed, etc.
Also this is mine form of parody :upside_down_face:

The forum uses pretty small images so most of my logos are neither visible nor recognizable…
H.K. also fits better with dark theme ( btw. you can set it in your profile settings > interface > theme )

8 Likes

video comments :smile:

6 Likes

Password: 1234

So easily typed it without hiding it, maybe itself was safe 40 yrs ago :smile:

6 Likes

incredibly…isn’t it? hahaha
this one is also a good comment

5 Likes

Who can explain how to put a Giraffe in the freezer in 3 moves? :giraffe:

5 Likes
4 Likes