Starting at about around 11:30PM UTC on Decmeber 6th, active domains started redirecting to the suspended domain page.
Which components are affected by this issue
- Visiting websites will redirect you to suspended page OR;
- Visiting websites will result in a timeout error / forever loading screen.
- The online FTP manager may not work
- FTP (Such as FileZilla) may not work
What issues may you see
When visiting your domain name, you will be redirected to a suspended domain page. If your account is marked as “Active” in the client area, you are most likely affected by this outage.
When will this issue be resolved
We are doing our best to get these issues resolved as soon as possible. Unfortunately, we don’t have enough details to tell how soon that will be.
What can you do to fix this
At this time, there are no known workarounds with a high success rate.
- 11:30 PM UTC (Dec 6) - Issue reported
- 11:59 PM UTC (Dec 6) - Issue confirmed
- 6:30 PM UTC (Dec 7) - Issue mostly solved (Some sites may still have issues)
We are aware of the issue and are doing our best to get this resolved as soon as possible.
I completely understand that this may cause confusion and you will have additional questions. I am happy to provide any information I have to help you.
However, to keep the contents of this topic clean, clear and concise, I ask that you carefully read the Outage Communication Rules before posting.
In a nutshell:
- Please keep the posts about the outage in this topic, and all posts not about this outage outside of this topic.
- Please post relevant questions only that have not been answered yet. It may be compelling to ask obvious questions like “when will this be fixed”, but basic information like that will be put in this message as soon as we know it.
- Please carefully check the known symptoms and affected components.
- If you are on the affected components, you are almost certainly affected by the outage. If so, please refrain from simply stating you are affected, it does not help get your service back up faster.
- If you are not on the affected components but do experience all of the symptoms, please say so below so we can check if our list is incomplete.
- If you do not experience all listed issues and are not on the components that are known to be affected, the issue you are experiencing is most likely not related to this outage. If so, please create a new topic in the Hosting Support category and describe the issue there.
Posts that do not follow these rules may be deleted without warning. This is to help ensure that all the relevant information is easily available to everyone reading this topic.
We do not need additional information on this outage at this time. Please only reply if there are additional issues that you think may be related to this outage.
To add to that, the online FTP client does not work. You can use FileZilla, etc.
Will there be a general notification if that issue will be fixed?
Yes, we always alert when an issue has been resolved.
Also, please don’t reply back here saying, “please fix” or “can you check my site?” because that just adds clutter. Posts like such will be flagged and removed.
@rgzz666 If you read the original post, this is what people have been experiencing. Also, if websites are suspended or set up incorrectly they will redirect to suspendedwebsite[dot]com. I severely doubt that someone is maliciously injecting redirects into websites.
@mike-5000 saying “me too” doesn’t help, we know that this is affecting lotos of people.
If I create new account and migrate my files does that fix anything for me?
I personally don’t know, maybe? we don’t know the scope of the issue, so migrating may help, but it may not either. a good question though.
As a reminder, do not post here unless you have a clarifying question or are experiencing an issue not mentioned in the original topic.
Posts not following this rule WILL be flagged and removed.
And for those that want to know, yes, you can add HTML here. Use the
</> button in the editor to format it here. Don’t post HTML code on this topic, it is not relevant.
No, every single domain infinityfree owns has been suspended by iFastnet.
Not every domain, there are some exceptions.
should i set another domain in cpannel?
No. If you are affected by this outage adding or removing domains is not going to change anything.
And you may still be able to access your site over FTP during this outage.
A post was split to a new topic: Database Question
is this only affected the free hosting? if subscribe to premium hosting will this fix the issue?
For those who want to backup your files but failed to connect from pc / browser, try to connect to ftp with your phone with any file manager app. I’m using android. I just connect to ftp using an app called file manager+ and successfully backup all my files.
Note : My app been connected to Epizy’s ftp since few months bcos mostly I use my phone to code and update git. Dunno if new ftp connection will works.
I just woke up and saw what was going on. I’m trying to get in touch with iFastNet to learn more about this.
In the mean time, from my own observations, I can say the following things about the issue:
- This is a server issue that seems to affect most, if not all sites.
- This issue affects website traffic, FTP traffic and possibly other features too.
- Premium hosting does not seems to be affected.
- There is no evidence that any data has been lost. Remember: just because data isn’t accessible right now doesn’t mean it’s gone.
Based on these symptoms, my best guess is that the internal network is overloaded resulting in many part of the platform being unable to communicate with each other. As to what caused this (hardware failure, configuration error, software bug, cyber attack) I don’t know.
Also, for this topic specifically, please note that:
- Updates regarding this issue will be posted in this topic.
- To make sure these updates can be found, the outage communication rules will be strictly enforced.
- Posts in violation of the rules will be flagged and deleted without warning.
Also, answering a few other questions people have asked (often in violation of the outage communication rules):
- Your account is not suspended, this is a server issue.
- Yes, your website is not working, we know.
- Yes, your FTP maybe also isn’t working.
- As far as I can tell, FTP was fine until everyone came in scrambling to backup their site, overloading the FTP servers. So again: please have patience, your files are safe, you’ll have access to them again soon. Sit tight and please don’t stress everything and everyone any more than absolutely necessary.
- Yes, other things may be broken too. No need to make an exhaustive list of every issue that’s happening right now, the engineers are already doing their best, and it’s very likely that by fixing whatever is causing the website issues will also fix other issues.
- Yes, “other things” includes database servers. Again, we know.
- Yes, the issues will be resolved ASAP. No, we don’t know how long this will take.
- Yes, until then, you’ll just have to wait.
- No, we’re not going to inform you personally with status updates. Most likely hundreds of thousands of people are affected by this and we cannot inform everyone individually.
Back to live!!!
thank you <3