what is the ?i=1.. ?

What is the** ?i=1, ?i=2, ?i=3** → Google Cookies redirect?

For example, if I visit /index.php, I get “redirected” to /index.php?i=1… then /index.php?i=2, then /index.php?i=3 and then Google Cookies page? What is that?

I understand these suffixes look ugly, however, they are a necessary part of our system to protect websites against malicious bots. These suffixes are completely harmless though, they won’t prevent legitimate visitors and search engine spiders from accessing your website.

As for the Google Cookies redirect, I don’t know what you mean by that but it sounds like something which would be caused by the website itself and not one of our systems.

2 Likes

me either.
?i=1, ?i=2, ?i=3 → Google Cookies redirect
I can access only if I removed my cookies.
But I don’t know whats happened.
So help me Administrator. Do not stand by.

I’d love to help you, but I have no idea where that Google Cookie redirect comes from. It’s not from us, so I have no idea how to fix it.

Well it obviously must be from you. This is a server side issue and you are the hosting provider…

Well it obviously must be from you. This is a server side issue and you are the hosting provider…

A bug in your website script is also a server side issue, but we can’t take responsibility for every piece of code anyone has ever written and was uploaded to our servers.

That said, you’re not the only one to experience this issue. However, I still have no clue as to what kind of “Google Cookie redirect” thing you’re referring to. Can you post the URL to the cookie page and a screenshot?

I believe that when you are on google chrome and you disable cookies the Infinity Free servers try and set cookies 3 times and then sends an error to the browser and chrome sends the window to a page on how to activate cookies as i ran into the problem when i blocked the cookies to my site and had to unblock them before i could access it again.

I tried validating my html and couldn’t understand why it kept failing, until I saw the js redirect script that gets accessed first. Bit annoying when trying to do a user friendly website and forcing users to have js enabled. I’ll be going elsewhere, I think.

I’m trying to Install Tapatalk on my forum site but the i=1 is preventing their api to link to my website. Is there any way to remove the i=1?

1 Like

@freeek said:
I’m trying to Install Tapatalk on my forum site but the i=1 is preventing their api to link to my website. Is there any way to remove the i=1?

No. Mobile app access is not supported on InfinityFree, you need to upgrade your account to make that work.

Well this ?i=1 thing seems to happen on the domains using myownfreehost.net service.

Thanks for replying @Admin I really appreciate the free hosting service I’m deeply grateful for it :slight_smile:

@downloadapps said:
Well this ?i=1 thing seems to happen on the domains using myownfreehost.net service.

InfinityFree uses ByetHost, which is operated by iFastNet, whom also operate MyOwnFreeHost,

I’m trying to resolve this as well… Screws up url linking, and I can’t fix it with mod_rewrite :frowning:

@tastyfungus said:
I’m trying to resolve this as well… Screws up url linking, and I can’t fix it with mod_rewrite :frowning:

You can’t “resolve” it, it’s a security system designed to stop malicious bots from accessing your website (search engines can index it just fine though). It cannot be disabled. If it’s too problematic for you, you could upgrade your account.

1 Like

@Fregbind the ?i=1 is a php function that comes with all php websites. You can’t delete it or you’ll be ruining your website script.

@Admin Mobile access is supported via Tapatalk. I just installed Tapatalk plugin on phpbb and my forum hosted on infinityfree works in tapatalk

@Possum said:
Just for the record, these letters or symbols after the url are added by the owners as sort of a decidedly low tech approach to collect hard numbers about usage. Click through rates, visitors per share, that sort of thing. An automated spy of sorts. :slight_smile:

No, it isn’t. The URL parameter is caused by a web server plugin which forces all visitors to have javascript and cookies enabled. It’s a little attempt counter which prevents a redirect loop if you have javascript but no cookies. No special tracking is done on those urls (we have the server’s access logs already so we don’t need to).

1 Like

@Admin said:

@freeek said:

No. Mobile app access is not supported on InfinityFree, you need to upgrade your account to make that work.

can you please elaborate on this? i am trying to pull my php output from objective c via URL session. the data that i keep receiving is that my browser doesnt support javascript. is that the reason?

@HaitianGuy said:

@Admin said:

@freeek said:

can you please elaborate on this? i am trying to pull my php output from objective c via URL session. the data that i keep receiving is that my browser doesnt support javascript. is that the reason?

for example if i upgrade now to the super monthly plan at $3.99/month will it pull correct data immediately? or do i have to disable certain settings? if so, what settings?

InfinityFree, as the name suggests, is completely free. There are no paid services on InfinityFree whatsoever. Any paid hosting offers you see are from third party providers which cannot upgrade your account in-place.

If you want to upgrade to iFastNet, you’ll have to ask them how their hosting works. They are a third party advertiser so I don’t know anything about those services.