10000 forum users celebration - special event

Instead of using random extensions that are not fully integrated with OpenAI to generate web results, why don’t you just use an AI that actually has internet access instead?

I do.

Finally done :exploding_head:
Please select HQ in the options

Thank you all for your time

4 Likes

I love the acid lead.

I tried making an acid lead myself in Vital:

(I know the quality’s bad, I needed to compress it)

As you can see, I ended up with a sequence, haha…

I made a little song with it, too:

I shoulda had 17 bars, not 16, but you get the idea.

Man, sidechaining is so darn hard in LMMS

Oh yeah, got a whole buncha goodies, too!

Quite a bit more, actually.

I can’t use Surge yet, but if I get FL Studio I can. I’m thinking of getting Phase Plant, too.

And a midi keyboard. Gonna learn to play piano! I have good tunes in my head and they go away too quickly when trying to write it on the piano roll, so I’ll try to use a piano keyboard instead as I can get it down way faster (although I’ll still need to edit it so that it’s more conforming to the time signature, as I’ll likely make mistakes and play a note too early or late)!

2 Likes

in the past i have tendency to just delete accounts and start over. This is my only account. If you still don’t like me, fine.

3 Likes

Note that doing that is not allowed. You can only have ONE InfinityFree account at a time. If you are done with an account, you need to fully delete it, not just create another one.

Creating multiple accounts is in violation of the Terms of Service, and the punishment is permanent suspension from all InfinityFree services forever.

7 Likes

Just a question:

I did a quick peek at the ToS. I might have glazed over it, but I only see a section about only having 3 hosting accounts (Section 23). I mean, it makes sense and I’ve heard it over and over again that you can only have one account (tied to your email. Hosting accounts, or whatever you wanna call them, have a limit of 3), but where does the ToS state that?

Also, at a time? Or ever? I mean, if your account gets terminated then bypassing that is usually against the rules (I bet it’s somewhere in the ToS), but if you delete it…

Eh, maybe I’ll fine-tooth comb the ToS again when I have the time (I forgot a lot of the stuff it said since reading it a while ago).

2 Likes

Actually, that’s a fair point. It actually does not say anything about an email limit, just a hosting account limit.

However, section 20 still applies:

You agree that InfinityFree may, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, immediately terminate your InfinityFree account, any associated email address, and access to the Service.

And creating so many forum profiles that it gets public moderation attention is certainly not a good thing.

6 Likes

The limit is three hosting accounts per person. This is what’s enforced in the client area as well. You can sign up with different email addresses if you want (although I don’t see why you would want to do that). But what’s not allowed is to use multiple email addresses to create more than three free accounts. If we find you’re doing that, we may choose to terminate all accounts.

8 Likes

This is not about anything personal - so it doesn’t matter if someone likes you or not

rather, it’s about the security of the forum (multi accs are automatically suspicious)
as well as the fact that it confuses other users of the forum, and hinders the work of the forum staff because we have to monitor unnecessarily all those accounts that appear.

If that was allowed imagine what the forum would look like if, for example,
I had 8 names, so I give myself likes or talk to myself (there were also such cases, so we punished such accounts), bypassing the maximum daily number of posts, spam, etc…

8 Likes

I mean, at this point this is fairly out of technicality and the practical reasons for doing so are little to none, but then couldn’t you use, say, 3 email accounts and create on each?

But also, then this would likely get trick with the other stuff, like:

because you need to be careful to only post on one account, or know the limit beforehand and limit the number of posts/likes/e.t.c on all accounts to the sum that would normally trigger on one account.

Ahhh, legalese!

While I may not want to be a lawyer, it sure is fun go on logical pathways and find loopholes (although for the latter I will definitely keep it at that, exploiting that, while fun to some people, causes so much more harm than usefulness and really makes it unpleasant for all… so yeah a big nono)!

Since I like the challenge and the puzzles so much, I should think about becoming an ethical hacker, lol

Also, Admin, I have a question regarding this:

I turned off my adblocker ('cause ya want me to, of course), but when I’m on my dad’s Wi-Fi, he blocks the domains of ad services (via DNS filtering policy). Is doing so technically violating this (I’m sure it is, but I really don’t have a say in my dad’s filtering policies, although I can sometimes just use public Wi-Fi when I’m at a library or something), or is this something that can be overlooked as I am not in control of it. And hypothetically, what if a country’s government blocks an ad domain? Does that mean that the civilians of that country aren’t allowed to use it? Will I have to use TOR to access IF from now on (lol)?

4 Likes

one of the funniest comments I’ve read today :joy:

“ru Pilot opened the window and hit Reaper with a shovel”

some video

2 Likes

Sure, you could do that. I don’t see why you would want to do that, but you can.

There’s the letter of the law and the intent of the law. The ToS boil down to “don’t do any shady stuff and don’t overload our servers and you’ll be fine”. If you’re doing this anyway with your defense being some poor choice of wording in the terms, we’re not going to give you a free pass.

The anti ad block policy is not being enforced right now, and has never been. That section could have been written differently.

Given that most ads are provided by Google and Google is banned in China, it’s not that hypothetical.

6 Likes

And hence why there are people combing over rhyme and reason in the lawbooks to make sure such loopholes don’t happen. It’s also why there is some flexibility in the TOS (right to refuse service), so that we serve justice from what the rules tried to give rather than letting violators go from a “well, technically.”

Seriously though, finding logical fallacies are fun. I should do Cyber CTF sometime. Maybe I’ll go into cybersec. If I want to do a Computer Science related career, then that may be something I should aim for, lol.

Alright, good to know.

I had that country in mind, but I didn’t know. Interesting.

5 Likes

Is this considered an advertisement post even though I don’t mention the site I am talking about?

I’ve made some changes to you-know-what and would love your feedback on it (And please let me know if you experience the bug where the adblocker messages shows when you adblocker is off).

Yes, I still love InfinityFree, and any comments mentioning a competitor directly will be deleted

4 Likes

Of course when iFastNet upgraded us to php 8.1 everything (well, not everything) is broken :joy_cat:

Anyway, has anyone ever tried to build Firefox from source? I’ve been trying but it keeps failing saying that it can’t find c:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll but it does clearly exist :pensive:

5 Likes

or what you “start” should have admin rights to see it

4 Likes

For some reason (starting today), whenever I navigate to a video (I’m using bing, so it pulls up the bing preview of the video) or some other types of websites (I don’t know the criteria for the latter), chrome crashes (it just closes. Re-opening it says that chrome didn’t shut down correctly and gives the option to restore). A crash report gives an error code 0xc0000005 and the message: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

This doesn’t happen in Chrome Canary, however…

I tried turning off hardware accel, using my integrated graphics for chrome instead of the 3060, I tried looking through the debug log for any errors (none), I tried running no-sandbox…

Oh, and a malware scan gives me an a-ok.

Nothing.

Do you have any idea as to what is causing it?

2 Likes

How about re-installing chrome, minus the extensions and addons…??

4 Likes

Probably won’t work, but run it as admin and see if the issue persists?

3 Likes