10000 forum users celebration - special event

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/hAt4X_6SH8A

lol

How long have I wanted to do this (and technically could… if I had a tractor)?

6 Likes

I own a MOFH host

Thant is so cool! I love the people with the horses in the background :horse:

5 Likes

That’s… completely out of context? Plus you’ve mentioned it before here, lol.

8 Likes

You will find that most things just are completely out of context in this topic. They usually just have transitions.

And speaking of transitions…

Did you know that you can make a dubstep song out of a cowbell?!

Pretty cool, right?

6 Likes

ChippyTech always does that. They’ll post something random here every once in a while. I sometimes think about questioning them but I instead decide to not say anything.

7 Likes

Like me?

Isn’t this adorable?

And isn’t this funny?

8 Likes

Someone calculated and if all the people ran in the same direction nothing would happen because there is not enough kinetic energy.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s just a joke.

And yes, the weight of 8 billion people is nothing compared to the other objects in this world, and not to mention the ground itself.

Although, I bet it has at least some effect (but very close to non-existent). That’s what they are getting at.

3 Likes

and it also depends on whether it would speed up or slow down (from that picture)

2 Likes

That’s the air, and that’s the Coriolis effect, I’m pretty sure.

The earth doesn’t “spin differently” in different hemispheres, per se, the effects it has on objects are different.

2 Likes

the window is open, I guess it’s summer

atmospheres vs hemispheres ?

5 Likes

Wrong word, sorry.

It was “hemispheres”.

It affects the atmosphere in different hemispheres, is what I meant to say.

2 Likes

@anon46092769 is below the equator and he sees your image like this :joy:

that’s why everyone there has to turn their monitors 180 degrees

direction of rotation = POV

7 Likes

I usually post something like this on Sundays, so this is still the case today :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hmmm… seems like Softaculous is having issues on new accounts

6 Likes

Yes, I noticed it too, but it works fine for me,
it is possible that it depends on the specific VOL_XY that the users are on and that it has to do with the file server, etc.

3 Likes

How do you like this?
The hamburger menu is open by default and is on the left side - I think it’s better for us to be hidden by default.

Question is how much our users actually use the menu - but for new users, I guess it would make it easier to find their way around.

It seems to me that it is much better adapted to small resolutions
because it goes all the way down and is on the left side unlike ours, which is more like a drop down.

And then there is no more problem with clicking more categories (9 more…) because everything fits

4 Likes

I like ours the way it is, maybe it’s just because I am used to it.

And did you change the colors in your profile pic?

6 Likes

in one short period of time - because I made Hello Kitty a little bigger - it was a bit of a problem because of the whiskers and the fact that the image is more horizontal than 120x120, so I had to experiment a bit.

2 Likes